Since 2008, I am a research scientist at NeuroSpin/CEA, Paris-Saclay: a MRI neuroimaging center within the CEA. I am developing machine learning algorithms (classification/regression) and multivariate/univariate statistics analysis tools. My aim is to design algorithms that provide computer-aided diagnosis/prognosis tools or biomarkers discovering methods for brain diseases. I am now integrating genetic (DNA array) together with neuroimaging. The specificity of those data is their large dimensionality in both neuroimaging and genetic (~millions of measurements) compared to the low number of samples (~hundreds). Thus, the guiding thread of all my research is to design feature extraction/selection, sparse and structured machine learning (convex optimisation) algorithms.
I received the engineer degree in software engineering from École Pour l’Informatique et les Techniques Avancées (France) in 1997, the M.Sc. degree in signal/image processing from Rennes 1 University (France) in 1998 and the PhD degree in signal and image processing Rennes 1 University (France) in 2001.
- 2015-2016: Senior Data Scientist Consultant for 7circles Paris, France. Mission for Sodexo France: development of machine learning algorithm to score Sodexo’s prospects in order to select those with an high rate of conversion to lead.
- 2008-now: Research Scientist at NeuroSpin, CEA, Paris-Saclay, France.
- 2005-2008: R&D Engineer in the INSERM Research Unit -“Neuroimaging and Psychiatry”, Orsay, France.
- 2003-2004: Postdoctoral position at CEA, Orsay, France.
- 2002 Software Software Engineer at MBD.A (Matra BAe Dynamics, EADS company) Velizy, contract for ASTEK company, France.
- 2001-2002: Teaching and Research Assistant at Rennes 1 University, France.
- 1999-2001 Ph.D. in Image Processing at LTSI (laboratory of signal and image processing) of Rennes 1 University, France.
- 1997-1998 Master’s degree in Signal/Image Processing. in Rennes 1 University, France.
- 1992-1997 Master’s degree in Software Engineering. École Pour l’Informatique et les Techniques Avancées (EPITA), Kremlin Bicêtre, France.
2016-2017 Dimension reduction in Master 1 “Mathématiques et applications” - option : “Ingénierie mathématique pour les sciences du vivant”, Paris Descartes University - Head of the Master: Etienne Birmelen & Flora Alarcon